Since not having the internet at home the blogging and internet have taken a back seat. One of the most requested segments of the blog is: ”Cooking with DazeRoc.” After tons of request I finally took time to photo, and write down the ingredients while cooking at the house. The following is a simple way of cooking ground turkey and knocking it out of the park in the taste department. You can use this recipe to make tacos, burritos, tostadas, or anything you can think of when you think Mexican food. I made tacos I'm going to call Tacos Criollos. Now put on your apron and get cooking…
· 1 lb. package of Ground Turkey (1lb, 3oz.)
· 3 teablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
· 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced.
· ½ cup of onion, finely minced.
· ¼ cup of green bell pepper, finely minced.
· 2 tablespoons of cilantro, finely minced.
· Taco shells.
· Cheddar cheese (shredded).
· Lettuce (finely shredded).
· Tomato (finely cut).
· Sour cream.
· 3 teaspoons of Adobo Criollo (Puerto Rican seasoning salt.)
· 1 teaspoon of Ancho chile pepper.
· ¾ teaspoon of cumin.
· ¼ teaspoon of white pepper.
· 1 teaspoon of oregano.
· ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
· 1 package of Sazon.
In a large frying pan heat up 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in medium to medium/hot heat. Add ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, garlic, & cilantro. Combine all ingredients well and break up the ground turkey into fine ground. The onion, bell pepper, garlic, & cilantro act as base for the ground turkey. These and a few other items that I can not get here in Cali are the base of all Puerto Rican cooking. This is called Sofrito. These items will basically dissolve in the cooking process. After all ingredients are well combined and the ground is broken up add the remainder of ingredients (seasonings) and combine well. Keep stirring all ingredients while cooking. Slowly add the package of magic also known as Sazon! This will give the pale color of the turkey a nice color and kick the flavor to another frequency. Cook until the ground is browned and all liquids are absorbed.
Heat up taco shells according to instructions. Fill taco shell half way with ground turkey. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, & salsa. Repeat process and enjoy!