Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Crazy Legs retiring letter


I came across this today and thought it was a cool share.  This is a letter Crazy Legs - Rock Steady Crew put out about his up coming retirement and his last battles at this years Rock Steady Anniversary.  Legs is one of the biggest B-Boy icons to ever lace up the fat laces and at age 46 he is still hungry and is going out (Battling) his way.  A big shout to my Boricua brotha Crazy Legs.  Thank you for all the great memories. #Salute #77
CRAZY LEGS ....35YRS IN THE GAME !! RSC 4LIFE 77
  • I can't sleep! All I can think about is battling and practicing. I feel like a creative genius right now. I wish i had somewhere to practice right at this very moment. B-boys and B-girls know the drill. It's coming closer to the RSC 35th Anniversary and what will be my final battles. I've been training for 5 months now and as each day passes I feel more anticipation and a greater sense of urgency. Every thought running through my head is about what that day will be like. I feel like I will never be ready enough, because of my own personal standards that I place on myself as a b-boy and member of Rock Steady Crew. There's no way that I'm taking any of these great WARRIORS that I'm battling, lightly. All of them are are incredible, command respect and will be going at me hard. Sometimes I feel like I'm crazy for even doing what I'm doing. Let's be serious and completely honest for a second. I'm 46 years old and battling people that are almost half my age. Who in their right mind does that any way? But, the way I see it. It's the icing on the cake for a long and great career as a b-boy. I get to go out on my terms and I get to do it in the very manner that I started with in the hip hop game. Any old school head knows that you had to put your reputation on the line in order to protect it. And if you couldn't do that, then you were a scrub, toy or just straight up WACK! And that's how I want to go out. Win, Lose or Draw, I'm going out like Frank Sinatra and doing it my way. Even a Crazy Legs hater that's a b-boy and is true to the game still and better give it up! Because, I'm going out HUNGRY, DETERMINE and with no FEAR. No bullshit and no fillers. Pure b-boying at it highest degree. Frontline status and no hiding behind a legacy, pioneer status or self-proclaimed "I'm the best" notion. I'm taking myself and putting myself on the virtual b-boy fishing rod as bait and telling people to come get it! I can't tell you what the outcome is going to be for each battle, but I will tell you one thing! If you want that floor, you better come and take it from me. I will feed off your desire to take any imaginary crown or title that you or anyone may have claimed that I have. It's on baby! And this Puerto Rican is on FIRE! I will see those that accepted to battle me in the ring on July 28, 2012 at The Altman Building in Manhattan. Bring your family, friends and hood. We're making history! Who has questions?

No comments: