Thursday, March 29, 2012

DOOM1 aka Raid RIP Tribute

DOOM1 aka Raid RIP Tribute


Here is something I’ve been meaning to share with you guys.  This is the outline and flicks of a tribute I painted for a good friend that had his life cut short due to violence.  He was one of San Diego’s best bombers and graff writer of his time.  His name was DOOM.  My first partner in crime SAKE and I ran into both him and his partner DEF KOZY together.  The place was the Spring Valley Swapmeet.  For some reason that seemed to be a hub for graff writers at the time since it was easy to buy and come up on paint even if you were a kid.  I used to save up my lunch money my mom would give me to eat lunch at school, so I could get cans on Saturday morning at the Swapmeet.  We went on to meet many other writers those early Saturday mornings at the Swapmeet.
(Outline drawn on rooftop.)
 
I painted this as part of a Hip Hop jam called “Hip Hop is Dead”.  The jam was paying tribute to dead Hip Hop artist and turned out to be a packed house.  The place was magic.  The graff writers got to paint on the rooftop of this building in the middle of downtown!  You could see San Diego’s downtown 360 degrees.  It was very uplifting and spiritual to be up there closer to the clouds and be doing a tribute piece.  Hat’s off to the promoters for finding that gem of a place.  Thank you for the opportunity to be part of the festivities.  I’m also adding the rest of the pieces done by the other artist.  Enjoy!
 DazeRoc-WST - DOOM1 RIP Tribute.
 D close up.
O close up.
"Above the clouds, above the clouds..."
Rammelizee tribute by CROL.  Stencils by Eyemax.

PARIS tribute by GLOK.
 DJ Leacy tribute by SAKE-WST
EDWIN by FERD.
Dream-LA-SF/Sane Smith NYC by KUYA.
SPACE tribute by VAPOR.
  
www.DazeRoc.BlogSpot.com

No comments: